Bring your loved ones together for fresh and tangy meals, snacks and desserts made with creamy and delicious Animal Free Cream Cheese spread.
“Crab” Rangoon Spring Rolls Recipe
Created by Spike Mendelsohn, @SpiketheChef
This recipe takes the classic flavors of a beloved Chinese takeout dish and goes completely animal free using Jackfruit and the Original Incredible Dairy spread. A crispy treat that can be a great snack or bring it for gameday to blow your friend’s minds.
how to make
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a small baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain the canned jackfruit and place in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands or the back of a fork, break up the jackfruit until it takes on a lump crabmeat texture.
- Add the scallions, sesame oil, sugar and Worcestershire sauce and mix to combine. Pro Tip: Most Worcestershire sauces contain anchovies or other fish products. If you can’t find a vegan version at your local natural foods store, replace with equal parts soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and a tablespoon of crushed nori flakes.
- Fold in the Incredible Dairy Animal Free Cream Cheese Spread until well combined.
- Lay the spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface with the corner facing you. Using your finger, dab a small amount of water along the outside edges of the wrapper.
- Place 1/4 cup of the filling in the center of the wrapper then begin rolling like a burrito: start with the bottom and fold over the mixture then fold the right and left sides over before finishing to roll tightly.
- Place on the baking sheet, seam side down and repeat until all wrappers are filled. Spray the top sides with a little cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, about 15-20 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
what you need
- 1 package (6.5oz) Nurishh Incredible Dairy Animal Free Cream Cheese Spread Original (tempered to room temperature for 30 minutes)
- 1 can Young Jackfruit
- 2 tbsp Scallions
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Raw Cane Sugar
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (Vegan)
- 6 ea Spring Roll Wrappers (Vegan)
- Water for sealing